You'd love to have straight teeth. However, you've always shied away from orthodontic treatment with metal or even ceramic braces. They're just too obvious. What would people say? Well, there is a discreet way to get the beautiful smile you want without the "metal mouth" look you dislike. How? Well, no one will know you're wearing Invisalign clear aligners, the invisible way to a perfect smile. Ask your Timonium dentist, Dr. Paul Karpovich, how Invisalign treatment could create your healthy, functional and creating looking smile.
What Invisalign is
Invisalign clear aligners have straightened smiles all over the world for about 20 years. From correcting underbite and overbite to closing gaps and evening tooth length, Invisalign treats a vast array of mild to moderate orthodontic issues. The thin, acrylic appliances are customized according to oral impressions and three-dimensional imaging and come in 18 to 30 pairs. Worn 20 to 22 hours a day for about two weeks per pair, the aligners gradually and discreetly move teeth into favorable positions.
Advantages of Invisalign
Besides being virtually invisible, Invisalign aligners have several other advantages, such as:
- Wearers remove them for meals, oral hygiene and special occasions such as weddings and job interviews.
- They are thin, lightweight and easy to clean with water and toothpaste.
- Treatment takes just nine to 18 months (traditional orthodontics takes an average of two to two and a half years).
- The aligners are smooth, causing no irritation to gums and other soft oral tissues.
- Older teens and adults can wear them.
- Progress checks happen every four to six weeks, and there are no painful or complicated adjustments.
- Oral hygiene is very easy. Just remove the aligners, and floss and brush as usual.
Qualifying for Invisalign treatment in Timonium
Many people qualify. At Paul W. Karpovich Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, your dentist will examine your teeth and gums carefully, noting your dental bite and alignment. Digital X-rays and three-dimensional imaging tell him if Invisalign aligners could solve your smile issues.
If you proceed, expect your treatment to be straightforward. After completion, Dr. Karpovich will likely advise wearing a customized retainer to keep your new smile well-aligned.
Find out more
The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry says that your smile gets noticed before anything else. Make sure it looks great even when it's under treatment. You can with discreet Invisalign aligners. Call Paul W. Karpovich Family and Cosmetic Dentistry in Timonium, MD, at (410) 628-6070 for your personal consultation.